- Insurance Defense
- Insurance Coverage
- Civil Litigation
- Criminal Defense
Emily joined Harris & Hart, LLC, as an experienced litigator licensed to practice law in Kansas State and Federal District Court. Her practice focuses primarily on insurance defense where she works closely with clients and participates in all phases of the litigation process.
Prior to joining the firm, Emily was an Assistant District Attorney in the Shawnee County District Attorney's Office, where she successfully prosecuted a variety of cases to the Court and Jury, including child welfare, felony DUIs, domestic violence, general felony, and major felony. Most notably, in March of 2012, Emily secured a first degree murder conviction after a jury trial.
Emily graduated with honors from Washburn University School of Law in May of 2009. While in law school, Emily interned for Magistrate Judge K. Gary Sebelius of the U.S. District Court for the District of Kansas and the Douglas County District Attorney's Office. Emily received her bachelor's degree in English from the University of Kansas in May of 2006, where she maintained academic honors throughout her education and was admitted to the Phi Beta Kappa Society.
Emily is a member of the Topeka Bar Association, Johnson County Bar Association, and the Kansas Bar Association.
- Washburn University School of Law, Topeka, Kansas
- J.D. - 2009
- Honors: With Honors
- University of Kansas
- B.A. - 2006
- Honors: With Academic Honors Phi Beta Kappa
- Major: English
- U.S. District Court District of Kansas
- U.S. District Court Western District of Missouri
- Magistrate Judge K. Gary Sebelius of the U.S. District Court for the District of Kansas, Intern
- Douglas County District Attorney’s Office, Intern
- Shawnee County District Attorney’s Office, Assistant District Attorney
- Earl E. O’Connor American Inn of Court
- Federal Bar Association
- Johnson County Bar Association
- Kansas Bar Association
- Kansas City Metro Bar Association
- Kansas Women Attorneys Association
- Missouri Bar Association
- Topeka Bar Association
Current Employment Position