Kansas City Car Accident Lawyers
If you have been a victim in a car accident in Kansas City, you may be unsure about the appropriate steps to take in seeking justice and compensation for the damages you have endured. One of the first steps you should take is selecting a skilled car accident attorney to fight for your case. Studies have indicated that having legal representation can increase your car accident settlement by three times compared to those who represent themselves.
Over the years, we have handled numerous car accident cases in Kansas City. Many of our clients have contacted us immediately after their accidents, while others have sought our support during the claims process. Regardless of where you are in your own journey, our no-win no-fee law firm is prepared to provide our assistance.
Dealing with insurance claims, contracts and bureaucracy requires significant knowledge and experience. This is knowledge and experience that few consumers have, which is why hiring an experienced car accident lawyer who is familiar with the strategies employed by insurance companies and is prepared to effectively respond to them is one of the most important decisions you can make for your claim.
Whether your car accident occurred in Kansas City or elsewhere in Kansas or Missouri, allow our experts to advocate on your behalf. The legal team at Harris & Hart has gained national recognition and received multiple industry awards in the region, ensuring that your case will be handled with the utmost care it deserves.
Contact one of our car accident lawyers to arrange a risk-free consultation, where you can obtain answers to your questions and gain a better understanding of the potential value of your claim. To initiate the recovery process with the support of Harris & Hart, please call our office at 913-800-6132 today.
Maximize Your Insurance Compensation After a Car Accident
Recover on Average $60,000 More With A Car Accident Attorney
According to research, hiring a car accident attorney can potentially increase settlement amounts by up to 300%. In fact, more than 90% of claimants who enlisted the assistance of an attorney received settlements or damages, while just over 50% of injury victims without legal representation obtained compensation.
The study also revealed that those who hired attorneys received an average settlement or trial award of $77,600, while those who pursued settlements without legal representation received about $17,600. This substantial difference demonstrates the value of hiring a skilled car accident attorney, as it can result in securing an additional $60,000 or more.
Trust Our Unique Skills and Expertise
Car accident lawyers possess a distinct ability to establish connections and identify patterns that highlight how their clients’ injuries have negatively impacted their quality of life. This expertise enables them to pursue maximum monetary compensation for these injuries.
Lean on Our Effective Evidence Analysis
Analyzing evidence is a crucial aspect of building a strong claim. Car accident lawyers understand this process well and utilize the available evidence to establish the defendant’s lack of reasonable care, strengthening the case.
See the Impact of Our Negotiation Skills
Working with an experienced car accident attorney in Kansas City, increases the likelihood of achieving a higher settlement due to their proficient negotiation skills. The threat of a lawsuit can significantly influence the potential payout in a car accident claim, as defaulting parties are often more willing to pay a substantial amount when faced with the prospect of a trial, particularly when negative publicity could harm their reputation.
Let Us Handle the Legal Work, Allowing You to Focus on Recovery
Without an attorney, you would need to undertake numerous tasks on your own, including gathering evidence, handling paperwork, and negotiating with insurance companies. Our law firm assumes these responsibilities on your behalf:
- Collecting medical records
- Obtaining photos from the scene
- Securing security camera footage, if available
- Arranging for expert testimony
- Conducting witness interviews
- Utilizing other relevant evidence to build a strong case for full compensation
- Managing insurance claim documents (over 23 forms)
- Ensuring accurate completion and timely submission to avoid delays
Negotiating with Insurance Companies
- Insurance companies often attempt to minimize settlement amounts or deny claims altogether. Our seasoned attorneys are skilled negotiators who will advocate for your rights and fight for every dollar you deserve in compensation for your injuries.
- While the majority of injury claims are settled outside of court, there may be instances where pursuing a trial becomes necessary. Our experienced trial attorneys at Harris & Hart are prepared to seek justice in a Kansas or Missouri courtroom if the opposing insurance company refuses to agree to a fair settlement. Our successful track record in obtaining favorable jury verdicts serves as a strong deterrent for insurance companies, making them aware of our commitment to achieving positive outcomes for our clients.
By choosing our firm, you can benefit from the expertise of our attorneys who will tirelessly work to maximize your compensation, allowing you to focus on your recovery.
Why Choose Harris and Hart?
10,000+ Insurance Cases
We have worked on the other side. We have previously litigated over 10,000 cases for insurance companies.
We know what works and what doesn’t when it comes to car accident claims. We have experience what the insurance company will say and do in your case and be prepared to fight for you.
That’s why over $5 Million in claims have been recovered for our plaintiffs in the Kanas City area. You don’t pay us unless we win.
What is the Value of Your Car Accident Case?
The value of your case corresponds to the total damages you have endured, both present and future, because of your accident. These damages encompass various factors such as pain and suffering, medical expenses, long-term prognosis, lost wages, work limitations, and property damage. If you require an accurate estimate of your case value, we recommend contacting one of our car accident attorneys without delay.
Eligibility for Representation
If the calculation of your case damages exceeds $50,000, you are an ideal candidate for our law firm. We specialize in assisting victims of car accidents who have sustained significant injuries. Typically, the severity of the injury correlates with increased case complexity, underscoring the importance of choosing the right lawyer for your situation.
How Much Do Car Accident Lawyers in Kansas City Cost?
It is not uncommon for lawyers to establish payment arrangements, particularly in cases that may require litigation to resolve the dispute. Lawyers have the discretion to negotiate payment plans and schedules in exchange for their legal services. Two primary payment arrangements are typically offered by accident lawyers: conventional fee arrangements and contingency fee arrangements.
Conventional Fee Arrangements
In a conventional fee arrangement, legal services are traditionally billed on an hourly basis. Clients are responsible for paying the attorney for the time spent working on their case. Additionally, any expenses or costs incurred during the case must be covered by the client as they arise. This pay-as-you-go system may be straightforward for the lawyer but can create unpredictability for the client.
We Operate on a No-Win No-Fee Model (a Contingency Fee Arrangement)
Contingency fee arrangements have gained popularity as an alternative to traditional payment structures. At Harris & Hart, our accident lawyers offer legal services on a contingency fee basis. This means that clients are not required to make payment unless our lawyers achieve a favorable resolution to the case, either through a settlement or trial ruling. Once the case is successfully resolved, the attorney receives a percentage (typically ranging from 33% to 40%) of the settlement or trial award. Contingency fee arrangements minimize costs and mitigate risks for clients, as they only pay the attorney from the recovery obtained as a direct result of the legal services provided.
This arrangement incentivizes the lawyer to handle the case diligently and strive for the best possible outcome. Upfront costs and expenses incurred by the attorney in developing the case will be recovered from the settlement or trial award, separate from the percentage allocated for legal fees. If one had the option of a high-quality car accident attorney at no-cost, who wouldn’t choose that lawyer?
Notable Missouri Car Accident Laws
- Fault System: Missouri follows a “fault” system for car accidents. This means that the person who is found to be at fault for causing the accident is responsible for paying for the damages.
- Modified Comparative Fault: Missouri follows a “modified comparative fault” rule. This means that if you are partly at fault for the accident, it may affect the amount of compensation you can receive. If you are found to be 50% or more at fault, you may not be eligible for any compensation. However, if you are less than 50% at fault, you can still seek compensation, but the amount you receive will be reduced based on your percentage of fault.
- Statute of Limitations: It’s important to be aware of the time limit, known as the “statute of limitations,” for filing a car accident lawsuit in Missouri. Generally, you have five years from the date of the accident to file a lawsuit. If there is a wrongful death involved, that timeframe shrinks to 3 years. If you miss this deadline, you may lose your opportunity to seek compensation.
Remember, if you’ve been in a car accident in Missouri, it’s a good idea to consult with a qualified attorney. They can help you understand your rights, guide you through the legal process, and work to ensure you receive fair compensation based on the fault laws and other relevant factors.
Notable Kansas Car Accident Laws
- Fault System: In Kansas, when it comes to car accidents, they follow a “fault” system. This means that the person who is responsible for causing the accident is also responsible for paying for the damages resulting from the accident.
- Comparative Fault: Kansas follows a “comparative fault” rule. This means that if both parties involved in the accident share some degree of fault, the amount of compensation they receive may be adjusted based on their level of responsibility. For example, if you are found to be 20% at fault for the accident, your compensation may be reduced by 20%.
- Statute of Limitations: It’s important to be aware of the time limit, called the “statute of limitations,” for filing a car accident lawsuit in Kansas. Generally, you have two years from the date of the accident to file a lawsuit. If you miss this deadline, you may lose your right to seek compensation.
Frequently Asked Questions about Car Accidents
What should I do after a car accident in Kansas City?
It can be difficult to think straight after you’ve been in a car accident. But there are a few steps that are easy to remember and can help you have the best possible chance for success if you choose to pursue a claim for damages.
- Call for help: Medical professionals can assist with injuries, and police officers can assist with the scene of the accident.
- Exchange information: Share insurance information, but do not volunteer any additional details or unnecessary opinions.
- Document the accident: Taking photos and writing down notes while the details are fresh in your memory can help.
- Seek medical attention: In the days following a crash, what may seem like minor injuries may amplify as you work on recovery. Seeking medical attention can help document these injuries.
- DO contact a car accident attorney: As soon as you have your documentation collected, contact a car accident attorney. Let your legal representative handle your case. An attorney will take all the necessary steps toward recovering any potential damages for your personal injury claims.
- Know that our attorneys can contact your insurance company on your behalf: When you work with Harris & Hart, we may handle your case from beginning to end, that means that (depending on the case) you won’t necessarily have to work with your insurance company directly. Before you speak with your insurer, having an attorney explain your rights and initiate claims process on your behalf can be very beneficial.
Again we stress that you should seek legal assistance as soon as possible. Hiring an attorney can help reassure you that you are taking all of the right steps toward recovering any potential damages for your possible personal injury claims.
Do I need to get a lawyer for a car accident if it was my fault? Will my insurance company take care of me?
If you were in a car accident and you were at fault, you may want to consider hiring a lawyer before you even talk to the insurance companies. A lawyer can help protect your interests and fight on your behalf. A car accident attorney can help you deal with insurance companies and help mitigate potential claims against you.
What are the consequences of not hiring a lawyer for a car accident claim?
Insurance companies are just that, a company. They are in the business of making a profit. When it comes to a situation where they have to pay money on an insurance claim, a lawyer can help make sure that you are getting everything to which you are entitled to under available insurance policies and options. In addition, an experienced attorney will also be able to guide you through complicated processes and proceedings, while keeping an eye on your best interests throughout. In other words, failing to hire a lawyer for a car accident claim may result in you not recovering all of the damages for which you are entitled.
Call Our Kansas City Car Accident Lawyers to Seek Justice
Insurance companies often aim to avoid paying claims, making it crucial to have an experienced car accident lawyer on your side who is familiar with the tactics employed by the insurance industry. If you have been involved in a car accident in Kansas City or anywhere in Kansas or Missouri, let our team of experts fight for your rights. Our nationally recognized lawyers, backed by multiple industry awards, will handle your case with the utmost care it deserves. Schedule a risk-free consultation with one of our car accident lawyers to obtain answers to your questions and gain a better understanding of the potential worth of your claim. Contact our office today at 913-800-6132 to begin the recovery process alongside Harris & Hart.
Some of Our Notable Kansas City Car Accident Cases
Rear End Car Accident by Distracted Driver
Our client was struck at highway speeds in the rear by a teenage driver who was looking at his cell phone. Client sustained soft tissue injuries including a permanent and visible tissue deformity to her hip. Using our medical expertise we were able to prove the nature and extent of injuries and the unique permanency of this particular hip deformity.
6-figure settlement to our client’s satisfaction
T-Bone Car Wreck by Negligent Driver
Our client was driving through an intersection when he was t-boned by a driver attenmting to turn through Client’s lane. We were able to prove significant degree of injury with minimal doctor treatment. Client suffered general soft tissue injuries with temporary vision complaints.
6-figure settlement to our client’s satisfaction
Soft Tissue Injury Due to Negligent Driver
Our client was a passenger hit by a negligent driver who wasn’t paying attention. Client suffered general soft tissue injuries with neck pain. Even though our client did not have appropriate medical records of their injury. We were able to prove the nature and extent of soft tissue injuries without any objective or diagnostic evidence of injury
5-figure settled to our client’s satisfaction